Our client is a multi-billion-dollar food and beverage manufacturer. They have a new opportunity for a Director of Operations at their plant in upstate New York.
The Director of Operations will direct the manufacturing activities of several areas, ensuring manufacturing volumes and quality standards are met within the approved operational budgets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, direct, and provide leadership necessary for achieving plant and corporate goals in the areas of Safety, Quality, Labor Relations, Customer Service, and Cost (CPU and Variances).
- Responsible for the successful attainment of Production, Quality, and Safety objectives, implementation of policies, and most effective utilization of available resources while ensuring all customer, regulatory, and legal requirements are followed.
- Contribute to development of annual budget, performance goals, and process and operational improvements.
- Ensure compliance with all legal requirements concerning dairy processing, environmental, safety, and working conditions.
- Responsible for training and development of direct reports.
- Stay abreast of new technologies associated with the industry through trade magazines, training classes, and technical manuals.
- Implement, manage, and evaluate operation processes and procedures in accordance with the standards and procedures set out by the organization.
- Supervise plant senior leadership; ensure their functional objectives are being carried out; coach them towards improved performance and working jointly as a single team.
- Oversee expanding capital installations and integrate new customers and product lines into existing production and distribution.
- Provide leadership for effective employee relations through positive proactive communication, coaching, training, problem resolution, and follow-up. Work with each site on employee retention initiatives.
- Manage safety programs and procedures to exceed company goals on both leading and lagging indicators.
- Support continuous improvement of Production, Safety, and food safety management systems.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
10-12 years of progressive management experience in a manufacturing environment
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives.
- Operations management responsibility in a 7X24 operation.
- Budgeting and planning experience required.
- Solid communication and follow-up skills. Deep drive for continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of PMO and other related regulatory guidelines as well as interaction with federal and state government employees.
- Experience in building functional teams.
- Experience with plastic blow molding, filling, and packaging.
Our client offers a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, wellness programs, employee discounts, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, ongoing development, advancement opportunities, and more.