Our client is a leader in designing new tastes and textures that will not only enhance their customers product, but really help it stand out. They incorporate trend data and their own proprietary research-driven insights to develop new concepts. An example is, grain-free trends leading to plant-based products. On-the-go snacking inspired an everything bagel breakfast snack mix with indulgent Greek yogurt-covered fruit. Their demographic-specific research inspired new bold flavor fusions. Each new insight inspires innovations, and those innovations create repeat customers for our client.
The Plant Manager is responsible for the efficient operations of the facility, which includes Safety, Quality, Productivity, and Financial Performance including recommendations for Capital spending. This position is a key member of management. Supports overall company policy, provides the leadership and direction as necessary to sustain the efficient and safe operations of the facility. Implements the plans, goals, objectives and directives of the Operations Director and serves as the company ambassador to the Community.
Accountabilities and Core Competencies include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- The Plant Manager is delegated sufficient authority to accomplish the responsibilities, duties, goals and objectives that have been established for the position.
- In consultation with Human Resources has the authority to recommend hire, fire, promote, demote and/or discipline those employees reporting directly to the position, with the advice and consent of the Operations Director and President as per the approval matrix.
- Sets target for the facility, and proceeds toward established objectives without undue disruption or delay in the Production process.
- Presents annual goals, budgets, capital expenditures and proposals to the Operations Director.
- Prescribes specific limits of authority and accountabilities to direct reports regarding policies, contractual commitments, expenditures and personnel actions as per the Approval Matrix.
- Implement training programs and disciplinary action as required for direct reports for this position.
- Relay problems related to employee relations, safety, equipment condition, quality or scheduling immediately to the Operations Director.
- Supports the goals and objectives of the company.
- Regularly meets deadlines for time sensitive activities.
- Responsible for complying with all local State and Federal laws and statues regarding labor laws EPA, OSHA, government department regulations and any legal matters.
- Plant safety record/cost, severity, frequency, worker’s compensation rating and associated costs.
- Directs the manufacture of products at lowest cost consistent with production standards, specifications, quality and schedule.
- Maintain Production efficiencies and plant profitability at a level consistent with the business plan and budget for the fiscal year.
- Formulates specific short and long range plans, strategies and programs to maximize future development and growth of this operation.
- Maintain accurate processing records so that accurate analysis can be made to ensure that Production adequately covers costs including daily variances, scrap and downtime revising budget and standards to provide profit as forecast.
- Recommend improvements (with cost justification) to the plant operations and equipment to improve quality and productivity.
- Overall financial impact of inventory control management
- Maintains quality of company products.
- Demonstrates job commitment through dependability, flexibility and responsiveness in meeting agreed upon business needs
- Acts with integrity and professionalism.
- Responsible to see business matters conducted in a safe manner.
- Ensures the ethical and prudent Operations of the manufacturing facility.
- Monitor the work performed by the employees of the plant for quality.
- Ensure compliance with Company policies pertaining to methods, procedures, records, reports, conduct, etc. of all employees under your jurisdiction.
- Make sure all equipment is safe and periodically maintained.
- Maintain strong employee relationships encouraging suggestions for improvements in each individual’s areas of operation. Maintain a cooperative working relationship with vendors and all personnel reporting to this position.
- Expresses information and ideas clearly, listens and considers responses, and clarifies or persuades to ensure understanding and acceptance in order to achieve business results.
- Maintains cordial employee, vendor and public relations.
- Makes it understood that the “customer is our first priority” and that each employee is here to support that priority.
- Serve as a role model for personnel through enthusiasm, commitment and willingness to do whatever it takes to do quality of work at a profit.
- Morale and motivation of the Production organization.
- Uses a broad range of internal and external factors in solving problems and making decisions.
- Creates and maintains a work environment that shows concern for it’s people as much as for it’s property and promoting the autonomy and growth of each individual employee to the level of their capability.
- Promotes a high degree of morale and spirit within the department and between departments. This includes the degree of cooperation, communication and coordination between this department and other employees.
- Demonstrates ability to recognize and deal with priorities.
- Performs all duties in an independent manner with minimal direction and supervision.
Innovation and Creativity
- Generates and supports the development and use of ideas, approaches, concepts and solutions that achieve results.
- Through trade publications, papers, seminars, classes and trade shows, will stay abreast of new equipment, procedures, products, software and materials related to the Company’s needs and will make every effort to use that information for the benefit of the Company.
- Seek guidance and direction in the performance of responsibilities and duties as necessary.
- Attends trade shows, conventions, seminars, and other meetings to enhance his/her professional knowledge or to promote the Company.
- Applies the technical, industry or professional knowledge required to do the job.
- 10 years or more experience in commercial food manufacturing environment
- Techniques of food processing
- Food and employee safety programs
- Product quality systems, GMP, HACCP
- Plant reporting systems
- Food processing/packaging/equipment knowledge
- Warehouse administration/Best practices
- Maintenance and engineering administration knowledge including capital maintenance expense process
- Evaluate the performance of the employees reporting to him/her related to the activity, costs, operations and forecast data and review their evaluations with them in accordance with company goals and objectives.
This job has direct supervisory responsibilities for the Production Supervisors, Maintenance Supervisor. Indirect supervisory responsibilities for Quality Supervisors and HR Generalist
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor Degree is required. Masters Degree is preferred. Required: 10+ years in Management of a food manufacturing operation having total plant responsibility.
This position requires the ability to read, write and speak English in order to: read requests for proposals; correspond, and communicate with current and prospective customers, and make presentations. Ability to speak Spanish is preferred.
This position requires excellent math skills and accuracy for interpreting management reports and financial statements, preparing proposals and budgeting.
Dealing with customers, employees and vendors in the accomplishment of the goals of the company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
All Candidates must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
For more information, please contact Moira McGrath at 954 428-3888 or e-mail email@example.com