Food Scientist (Tortilla Innovation Center)
Our client is a multifaceted company with over a quarter of a century history and rich tradition in the food ingredients industry. They are a multi-dimensional manufacturing enterprise dealing in proprietary, value-added food blends and a widely diverse range of ingredients. They seek a Bakery/Food Scientist in their Los Angeles area R&D center.
Reports directly to the Vice President of Technical Services and includes, but is not limited to these accountabilities:
- Formulator of ingredient functional systems for tortillas and potentially other baked goods.
- Testing developed formulations using the tortilla equipment in the innovation center.
- Provide technical support for customers, working directly with the sales team, to trouble shoot formulations and processes.
- Stay up to date with developments in the tortilla industry and be constantly looking for new ingredient opportunities to differentiate our client’s products from competitors.
- Write technical reports describing test results or reviews of quality evaluations.
- Work with two other scientists developing unique customer solutions.
- Be part of a team of that includes R&D, Quality and Production.
- Evaluate, with the QA team, customer complaints.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- BS or MS in Food or Bakery Science
- BS in Food or Bakery science required with at least 5 years of industrial experience, specifically in tortillas or bakery product development.
- Experience developing formulas for tortillas or bakery products a plus
- Resourceful problem solver who takes the initiative in addressing challenging issues.
- Strong analytical and decision making skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, and as a team member, who is approachable and personable.
- Excellent time management skills, adept at managing multiple priorities.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.