Join our client’s research and development team as a Senior Food Designer! They seek your expertise to manage and lead significant complex technical programs and projects to develop and introduce new products from ideation through scale-up and improve product quality, productivity and capacity in their plant-based protein business. Your role will impact their success as a technical resource to various functions within the company and provide high impact support to project teams. You will innovate as you develop and refine food process technology from idea generation through proof of concept to commercialization.
Your role will include being an innovator, project leader, and technical problem solver. You will use your seasoned experience and team up with cross-functional partners to provide timely and cost-effective new innovation and renovation to drive growth.
Drive Business Growth – Creation and coordination of plant-based meat analogue projects while providing general direction to assigned cross-functional teams in executing projects
Leadership– Demonstrating personal capabilities as a Project Manager, Planner, Coordinator, Communicator, and Technical Expert in executing projects
What’s Trending? – an innovative mindset in discovery, advancement, and evaluation of new technologies in food/process research and development, and have a significant impact on new products, improved products and increased efficiency on meat analogue processes
Innovation/Creativity – to provide innovative, timely, and cost-effective improvements, concepts, developments, or scientific insight and understanding with respect to new or existing products or processes
Technical Expertise – Use your leadership and expertise within the department as an expert in a specific discipline who keeps current with the latest developments and technology through investigation, training, and communication within that discipline
- Owner’s mindset and entrepreneurial spirit!
- MS or PhD Degree in science or engineering or related field and extensive relevant experience
- Proven track record of leadership, business acumen, communication skills, and diplomacy in building strong relationships with management and peers and in the effective execution of projects.
- Project Management expertise to manage several sustaining and transforming projects (product relocations, flavor extensions, renovations, new products, value transformation savings, or moderate capital projects)
- Deep understanding protein and of amino acid chemistry
- Experience in meat science
- Proven ability to build and leverage external partnerships and technology programs and translate emerging technologies to innovative food design solutions.
- All Candidates must be able to work without sponsorship.