Our client, a major food manufacturer, is seeking an R&D Process Engineer.
This person is responsible for providing engineering for new products and manufacturing technical support .They work directly with our marketing team and product development scientists, in our world-class R&D Center, specifying the processing and packaging methods for new food products. They also work closely with the capital project engineers and the manufacturing groups at our plant locations. The position will also provide process / packaging engineering support for several manufacturing locations. This is a unique opportunity in a large multi-location organization with exposure to many different food processes including liquid pasteurization, baking, drying, freezing, and others.
**This position has the capability to be based out of their facility in Iowa or Minnesota.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide the engineering leadership as a core member of the new product development teams.
- Specify processing methods and equipment needed to produce new products.
- Understand the primary processes / equipment currently in use at MFI facilities.
- Lead the development of pilot plant, and manufacturing plant test plans.
- Responsible for updating / maintaining procedures, documents and tracking tools used in process engineering role.
- Build productive coalitions with Plant and Corporate functional groups to include: Operations, Purchasing, CI Engineering, Capital Engineering, QA, Marketing / Sales, Product Developers, and Finance.
- Responsible for developing product manufacturing specifications for all new products and assuring that all processing details and process capabilities are included and accurate.
- Lead / manage the commercialization of all new products.
- Assure that ALL product metric assumptions are clearly defined during development
- Develop Process Flow Diagrams
- Determine specific plant equipment and processing parameters
- Determine process capability and provide recommendations for final product specifications
- Complete product post-launch audit and identify gaps.
- Develop plan to eliminate gaps.
- Active member on productivity teams providing engineering support on team projects
- Prioritize and track requests for technical support
- Provide status reports with timelines and task assignments for technical support projects
- Interact with the innovation and new technology resources to share process improvement opportunities within our organization
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering and/or similar field with 5+ years of related experience
- 1+ years of engineering experience in a Food Manufacturing plant environment
- Experience in product development and commercialization desired
- Knowledge of food processing and packaging
- Advanced PC skills: Microsoft Office and CAD (MiniTab and SAP a plus)
- Travel is typically 3-4 times per month and normally for 2-3 days each trip. Travel is mostly domestic with occasional international (once per year).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and may not include all the duties associated with this position.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.