Our client is a multifaceted company with over a quarter of a century history and rich tradition in the food ingredients industry. They are a multi-dimensional manufacturing enterprise dealing in proprietary, value-added food blends and a widely diverse range of ingredients. They are currently seeking a Quality Assurance Manager for their largest manufacturing plant in Iowa. This is a non union 180 employee plant running 24 hours, 5 days a week
- Promote quality achievement and performance improvement across the organization.
- Partner with Operations and R&D troubleshooting, identifying Root Cause and implementing corrective actions.
- Assess supplier’s and company product specifications to meet customer requirements.
- Direct microbiological test requirements.
- Establish and maintain controls and documentation to ensure quality and regulatory compliance.
- Perform quality-related training needs.
- Ensure tests and procedures are properly understood, carried out and employed when product modifications are necessary.
- Assure HACCP compliance is current.
- Bring staff together and driving the group to plan, formulate and agree on comprehensive quality procedures.
- Act as the key contact with customers’ auditors and taking responsibility for ensuring the execution of corrective actions and ongoing compliance with customers’ specifications.
- Conduct the Food Safety meetings.
- Act as the SQF Practitioner for the facility and oversee audits.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- PCQI training or equivalent experience (FSMA training)
- Management experience is required, preferably in a quality lab.
- HACCP certification and SQF Practitioner certification (GFSI program equivalent: BRC, ISO, FSSC) is strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills in MS Office, Analysis of Data, other quality/analytical software.
- Excellent time management skills, adept at managing multiple priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science (Food Science, Microbiology, Biology, Chemistry).
- Solid knowledge of QA procedures and programs in a food and/or industrial environment (HACCP, SSOP’s, GMP’s)
- • Detail orientation with a consultative approach to build team work.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For more information, please contact Moira McGrath, OPUS International, Inc. at (954) 428-3888 or firstname.lastname@example.org