Our client is a multi-billion-dollar food and beverage manufacturer. They seek a Construction Manager at their Northern Virginia facility (2 plants under one roof). This position is a hands-on role, responsible for all building-related (not equipment) projects in both facilities, including managing contractors. This is a corporate role, reporting to the Senior Director of Engineering.
Their culture is built on value commitments to innovation, quality, results, integrity, community, people, and collaboration that fosters a strong employee engagement, teamwork, safety and wellness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with various contractors covering multiple locations.
- Work directly with project team during the implementation phase of projects.
- Project administration – Participate in the initial Project development, roles and responsibilities, goal setting, cost review, work breakdown structure, and resources plan.
- Manage change control.
- Assist in managing the project schedule.
- Provide advice regarding best practices.
- Providing efficient customer service and communication with people at all levels is essential to the position.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or 10 year(s) of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a deep understanding of the project management/construction processes in the food industry and directing construction teams in the field.
Skills and Competencies:
- General knowledge of manufacturing facility systems, such as steam generation, refrigeration, HVAC, heat transfer, processing, electrical, mechanical and packaging equipment.
- Knowledge of equipment layout and plant design.
- General knowledge of dairy and beverage production, including conventional, extended shelf-life, aseptic, cultured and frozen.
- Ability to supervise contractors. Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of their work and the reliability of their methods.
- Knowledge about building and construction materials, physics, design and mathematics.
- Knowledge of public safety and security policies and procedures that are to be applied to promote safe operations for the protection of people, data and property.
Our client offers a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, wellness programs, employee discounts, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, ongoing development, advancement opportunities and more. This position is also eligible for our bonus program.