Our client is a leading biotech company in Latin America who seeks a business development representative to be responsible for sales in the US. They have developed a Multiplex real-time PCR kit and management software for coronavirus data analysis to increase productivity and reliability when analyzing SARS-CoV-2. They also provide kits and laboratory services, based in molecular biology, plus artificial intelligence software to maximize both safety and quality of food and beverage industry products,
Our client has established its first branch in the United States. They are a leading biotech company in Chile and Mexico, focused on pathogens genetic testing and advanced IT platforms for increased microbiological Food Safety in the food and beverage industries.
They are looking for an autonomous and proactive person, who will drive the sales and post-sales of their new U.S. branch. The candidate will participate from the beginning of their operations in US with the opportunity of growing their responsibilities quickly and becoming a team leader.
This is a Full-Time position and is preferred that the candidate resides in Illinois (but it is not mandatory).
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibility:
The Representative is primarily responsible for the sales and post-sales in U.S. Specifically, they will be responsible for the following:
Identifying, qualifying, and securing business opportunities.
- Building business relationships with current and potential clients.
- Research and identify new market opportunities.
- Understanding client needs and offering solutions and support; answering potential client questions and follow-up call questions; responding to client requests for proposals.
- Creating informative presentations; presenting and delivering information to potential clients at client meetings, industry exhibits, trade shows, and conferences.
- Creating and maintaining a list/database of prospective clients.
- Cold calling; making multiple outbound calls to potential clients; closing sales and working with the client through the closing process.
- Negotiating with clients to secure the most attractive prices.
- Reviewing clients’ feedback and implementing necessary changes.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Bachelor’s degree in Science, Microbiology, Food Science or related degree.
- At least 5 years of experience in lead generation and prospect management.
- Ability to travel.
- Customer service oriented and professional attitude.
- Ability to solve problems, prioritize and multi-task.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and its current events
- The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Skill in prioritizing and triaging obligations
- Excellent time management and organization
All candidates must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
For more information, please contact Moira McGrath at OPUS International, Inc. at (954) 428-3888 or firstname.lastname@example.org