Our client is a trusted leader throughout the food industry and by industrial companies across the country. The reason why is simple: They have proven processes, extensive R&D staff and exceptional services that meet their evolving needs.
For more than 40 years, large and small businesses have relied on our client for highly-functional blends, value-added solutions and innovations that help them operate more efficiently. Today, they are the go-to source for a complete portfolio of food industry solutions:
- Cheese anti-caking systems
- Antimycotics and oxygen-scavenging systems
- Plant-based non-dairy products
- Process cheese products
- Tortilla blends and concentrates
- Preservative and shelf life extenders
- Liquid reaction ingredients
- Bakery leavening systems
- Pathogenic inhibitors
- Highly specialized functional starches
This Dairy Food Scientist position will be primarily focused on developing innovative formulas and conducting research in specialty blends for Dairy applications. The position will be based at their Innovation Center in Missouri and report to the Director of Research & Development.
- Formulate functional ingredient blends for use in dairy based applications.
- Use analytical equipment to test bench top formulations at the innovation center.
- Provide technical support to customers, working directly with the sales team, to trouble shoot formulations and processes.
- Stay up to date with developments in the Dairy Industry and be constantly looking for new ingredient opportunities to differentiate our clients products from competitors.
- Write technical reports, clearly describing test results and summarizing results.
- Work individually and with other food scientists, developing unique customer solution
- Evaluate and resolve customer complaints with QA team.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS, MS or PhD (preferred) in Food or Dairy science is required with at least 5 years of experience in developing formulas in dairy based applications
- Knowledge of ingredients functionality, especially starches, is a plus
- Knowledge of dry blending, and understanding of powder dynamics is a plus
- Ability to generate and translate innovative concepts into technically feasible and consumer-relevant prototypes and products.
- Ability to problem solve, and take initiative in addressing challenging issues and overcoming obstacles.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to make science and data backed decisions.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, and as a team member who is approachable and personable.
- Excellent time management skills, deadline driven, and adept at managing multiple priorities.
- Be able to travel up to 25%
All candidates must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
For more information, please contact Moira McGrath at OPUS International, Inc. at (954) 428-3888 or email@example.com