Quality Analyst, Latin American and Caribbean
Join an international Franchise organization who represents, promotes, and protects the general interests of all members of over 1100 franchisees in Latin America and the Caribbean. The franchisee community works in conjunction and in partnership with the corporation to achieve the best results in brand excellence and profitability.
We are searching for a Quality Analyst who will represent their members. They will be working with the US suppliers that provide food and packaging to our Latin American and Caribbean restaurants, confirming food safety compliance with the Corporation’s food safety policies and procedures.
This person will contribute to the continuous development of quality systems, anticipation, and mitigation of risk to consumer health, legal compliance, and implementation of global brand standards.
They will drive the food safety roadmap for US based suppliers to our region, engage with suppliers to ensure timely and adequate food safety measures are in place to approve food safety audits to Yum food safety standards. Manage relationship with US based auditors to ensure timely audits of all suppliers.
- Maintain and continue to build 100% compliance to Company’s Quality Assurance (QA) Food Safety program by ensuring US based RSCS/Franchisee suppliers are approved according to brand standards. Provide coaching and food safety training when needed.
- Assist the suppliers to ensure the highest levels of Food Safety and Quality are met by all vendors, suppliers, and strategic partners. Ensure probation suppliers get re-audited within specified time and that thorough action plans are in place to close nonconformities. Coordinate audits and local QA evaluation with suppliers.
- Evaluate suppliers risk assessment based on QA program, guidelines and through audit scores. Establish and follow actions plans with suppliers to maintain high levels of food safety and increase quality.
- Keep their Supplier Management Website organized and up to date. Ensure all specifications and Quality Assurance Programs (QAP’s) are updated in the system for all relevant ingredients.
- Follow up on KPI and cutting reports sent by each of the markets. Ensure corrective actions are in place at suppliers to amend any risk or gap.
- Analyze safety and quality data through Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) regarding food products sourced from suppliers. Define and follow through with the supplier on corrective action plans to amend any risk or nonconformance.
– Bachelor’s degree with specialization in Food Science, Food Technology, or related discipline.
– Minimum 5 years of experience in the food industry, including food safety, QA, or related field. Experience with food manufacturing including an overall understanding of production facilities, quality improvement methods and product development requirements. Experience in poultry science preferred.
– Certification in Quality: Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP), Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control (SPC) and quality auditor preferred. Full awareness of food safety legislation throughout Latin America and Caribbean regions.
– Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to multi-task several priorities
– Ability to problem solving on tactical levels, reach sound conclusions, and take appropriate actions independently.
– Ability to work with minimal supervision and in a team environment.
– Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet strict deadlines. Solid organizational and analytical skills.
– Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills. Ability to communicate at different level of the organization.
– Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
English and Spanish fluency preferred. Limited travel can work remotely. Locations preferred are South Florida and Dallas.
For more information, please contact Moira McGrath, OPUS International, Inc. at (954) 428-3888 or firstname.lastname@example.org