Our client is one of the nation’s leading dietary supplement formulation and custom packaging companies. They specialize in custom dry-dosage formula solutions, from shelf-stable probiotics to vitamins and minerals. They are the largest supplier of store brand probiotics, and they have completed and launched the first USP Verified probiotic supplement. They are seeking a Process Engineer.
- Ensures all plant personnel are fully trained and abide by and comply with all safety and environmental requirements
• Performs the primary role in the gummy manufacturing process development, defining and optimization
• Drives continuous improvement in batch and continuous gummy processes
• Provides root cause analysis of product quality, unit operation performance/productivity gaps and safety/environmental issues of the gummy processes
• Assists and leads in the design, procurement and installation of new equipment associated with process line
• Develop plant-wide Standard Operating Procedures for process and equipment operation supports and implement new product and process runs and prepare relevant documentation
• The Process Engineer will perform conceptual and detailed engineering design, will implement and execute capital projects and will manage small to medium sized capital projects. This position will work collaboratively with other Engineers, Manufacturing Business Units, Quality and Regulatory Compliance, Commercial Teams and Vendors
• Knowledge and experience in process design typical for the food and pharma industry, Possess a basic understanding of the design, application, and maintenance of process piping systems, food manufacturing equipment and process automation & instrumentation
• Strong focus on KPI/metrics targeted towards operational performance improvements and employee engagement
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensure compliance with all applicable local, state, federal and/or company policy and procedures • Oversees the maintaining of a safe and sanitary work environment and promotes Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) • Coordinates with Maintenance to evaluate equipment for overhaul, repair, and/or replacement
• Anticipates and communicates future investment needs based on capacity and reliability of work centers • Available 24 hours per day if emergencies arise
• BS in Chemical, Mechanical, industrial or related Engineering field.
• Minimum of 4 years experience in Food Processing, Confectionery, Pharmaceutical or related industries
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and ERP/MRP systems
• Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
• Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
All candidates must be able to travel within the U.S. without sponsorship.