Our client is a multifaceted company with over a quarter of a century history and rich tradition in the food ingredients industry. They are a multi-dimensional manufacturing enterprise dealing in proprietary, value-added food blends and a widely diverse range of ingredients. They are currently seeking a Quality Assurance Manager for their largest manufacturing plant in Iowa.
This position is a salaried, exempt Senior Management position based in Iowa reporting to the Director of Quality Services.
This position is responsible for implementing Quality & Food Safety improvement activities as appropriate to food quality and food safety culture within the organization.
- Promoting quality achievement and performance improvement across the organization.
- Partner with Operations and R&D troubleshooting, identifying Root Cause and implementing corrective actions.
- Assessing supplier’s and company product specifications to meet customer requirements.
- Direct microbiological test requirements.
- Establishing and maintaining controls and documentation to ensure quality and regulatory compliance.
- Performing quality-related training needs.
- Ensuring tests and procedures are properly understood, carried out and employed when product modifications are necessary.
- Assuring HACCP compliance is current.
- Bringing staff together and driving the group to plan, formulate and agree on comprehensive quality procedures.
- Acting as the key contact with customers’ auditors and taking responsibility for ensuring the execution of corrective actions and ongoing compliance with customers’ specifications.
- Conduct the Food Safety meetings.
- Act as the SQF Practitioner for the facility and oversee audits.
- Support the Food Safety culture and attend all training required by the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Motivations
- PCQI training or equivalent experience (FSMA training)
- Management experience is required, preferably in a quality lab.
- HACCP certification and SQF Practitioner certification (GFSI program equivalent: BRC, ISO, FSSC) is strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills in MS Office, Analysis of Data, other quality/analytical software.
- Excellent time management skills, adept at managing multiple priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science (Food Science, Microbiology, Biology, Chemistry).
- Solid knowledge of QA procedures and programs in a food and/or industrial environment (HACCP, SSOP’s, GMP’s)
- Detail orientation with a consultative approach to build team work.
Full-time position, sometimes additional hours required as dictated by demands of the business
All Candidates must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.