Our client is a multifaceted company with over a quarter of a century history and rich tradition in the food ingredients industry. They are a multi-dimensional manufacturing enterprise dealing in proprietary, value-added food blends and a widely diverse range of ingredients. They are currently seeking a Quality Assurance Manager for their largest manufacturing plant in Iowa.
This position is a salaried, exempt Senior Management position based in Iowa reporting to the Director of Quality Services.
This position is responsible for implementing Quality & Food Safety improvement activities as appropriate to food quality and food safety culture within the organization.
- Promoting quality achievement and performance improvement across the organization.
- Partner with Operations and R&D troubleshooting, identifying Root Cause and implementing corrective actions.
- Assessing supplier’s and company product specifications to meet customer requirements.
- Direct microbiological test requirements.
- Establishing and maintaining controls and documentation to ensure quality and regulatory compliance.
- Performing quality-related training needs.
- Ensuring tests and procedures are properly understood, carried out and employed when product modifications are necessary.
- Assuring HACCP compliance is current.
- Bringing staff together and driving the group to plan, formulate and agree on comprehensive quality procedures.
- Acting as the key contact with customers’ auditors and taking responsibility for ensuring the execution of corrective actions and ongoing compliance with customers’ specifications.
- Conduct the Food Safety meetings.
- Act as the SQF Practitioner for the facility and oversee audits.
- Support the Food Safety culture and attend all training required by the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Motivations
- PCQI training or equivalent experience (FSMA training)
- Management experience is required, preferably in a quality lab.
- HACCP certification and SQF Practitioner certification (GFSI program equivalent: BRC, ISO, FSSC) is strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills in MS Office, Analysis of Data, other quality/analytical software.
- Excellent time management skills, adept at managing multiple priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science (Food Science, Microbiology, Biology, Chemistry).
- Solid knowledge of QA procedures and programs in a food and/or industrial environment (HACCP, SSOP’s, GMP’s)
- Detail orientation with a consultative approach to build team work.
Full-time position, sometimes additional hours required as dictated by demands of the business
All Candidates must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
For more information, please contact Moira McGrath at email@example.com or (954) 428-3888