Job Title: Food Vertical Business Development Coordinator
The Food Program Business Development Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Food Industry Vertical, coordinating food vertical activities including the QSE Food Network, Food Industry Sales, Business Development and Marketing Activities, online training enrollment and developing food regulatory skills to serve as food account manager and/ or serve as food safety instructor when capable.
- Develop long-term growth-based customer relationships within the Food Industry to ensure the sales and business development growth of our clients Food Vertical and the credibility and value of engagement with the clients consulting and training services delivering value to their Food manufacturing customer base.
- Time and client management to include weekly time sheets, daily calendar, proposal writing, lead follow-up, sales planning, and forecasting.
- Prospecting and networking for leads to achieve new Food Industry business and achieve 2040% new Food client penetration. Completion of assigned activity reports and other reporting requirements to measure and manage food vertical organizational goal achievement.
- Ensures completion of all Monthly Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Follows the clients Engagement Cycle, together with all Sales Policies & Procedures.
- Establish a Food sales pipeline to ensure sales goals of bookings/billings/retained margins are achieved on a Monthly/Quarterly/Half Yearly/Full Year basis.
- Responsible for project management for all their personal food client projects.
- Responsible for Salesforce reporting and other internal reporting requirements.
- Participate in and support the clients’ annual events.
- Other business requirements to ensure overall success of Food Vertical goals, KPI’s and clients business requirements.
- Provide implementation support for Food training program activities.
- Coordinate marketing and outreach activity for Food programs.
- Coordinate meetings, events, and travel for Food Vertical Activities.
- Serve as the liaison for QSE Network participating MEP centers.
- Coordinate online training back-office activities and enrollment.
- Utilize Food Regulatory skills when capable & appropriate.
- Become keeper and organizer of food industry contacts and mailing lists.
- Provide Monthly Reports on Activities.
- Build Business Development Capability to evolve into a Food Industry Focused Account Manager.
- Achieve assigned Target Food Industry sales including Client Consulting Services, Open Enrollment Food Safety Training (self-paced online training, in person and Live virtual training).
- Assist Food SME and Food Services Champion in organizing Regional and /Nation Virtual Food Safety Training.
- Desire to learn and be involved in the details, ensuring we are checking the right boxes and delivering optimal solutions to our customers.
- Abilities to understand, empathize, and compromise to form strong relationships.
- Values and is capable of utilizing Linked in or other social Media Platforms as a mean of connecting with clients
- Basic understanding of Food Manufacturing industry operations
- Basic Understanding of Food safety regulatory requirements either in the US (USDA/FDA) or international (GFSI, Codex Alimentarius)
- Awareness of business acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in sales administration and project coordination
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Intermediate Microsoft Office and Excel knowledge
Education and Experience:
College degree in Food Science or demonstrated 2 years food regulatory or operations experience.
Business Development, sales and/or relationship development capability.
Physical Requirements: Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For more information contact Liz Pereira at (954) 428-3888 or firstname.lastname@example.org