Our client, a manufacturer of inline process spectrometers is looking for an Application Scientist (AS) & Business Development Manager for the Food, Feed & Beverages industries.
Rather than waiting for time-consuming laboratory measurements, our client enables real-time process verification by rapidly and continuously measuring time-critical chemical and physical parameters to react immediately to deviations in the production line. They hence realize consistent quality, waste minimization and rework reduction, yield maximization, end-to-end supply chain optimization and pay per content. Industries they serve are semiconductor manufacturing equipment, thin film technology, chemistry, petrochemistry, environmental technology, pharmaceutical and biotechnology, food, feed and beverages as well as agriculture. Our client’s company culture values are trust, accountability, integrity, passion, perseverance, continuous improvement, customer focus and service and innovation. The company is currently growing at 33% YoY.
- MSc or PhD in food science, analytical chemistry or similar
- Deep Proficiency and 5-10a hands-on experience esp. in optical, molecular spectroscopy with a focus on UV-VIS, NIR and Raman
- Professional expertise and 5-10a experience in the food industry (e.g. dairy, meat, baking goods, snacks, confectionery, etc.)
- Talent and Drive for Business Development-Skilled in generating PowerPoint presentations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in front of bigger audiences
- Combines scientific and sales skills to successfully design-in process instruments into industry automation process environments (typ. takes 2-3a)
- Basic experience in Project Management
- Willingness and ability to work independently from a home office in a remote location in the US or at our premises
- Perseverance when it comes to complex scientific and technological projects
- Ability for team work (in order to collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team (chemists, physicists, electrical, optical engineers and also Sales Development Representatives and MarCom)
- Can work from home anywhere in the US
- Application Science (Lab work required either at our premises or at an outsourced laboratory: feasibility studies, DoE, spectroscopic data analysis, collaboration with chemometricians)
- Application Marketing (generating Application Marketing Slide Decks, Application Notes, White Papers, contributing to our newsletter)
- Project Management (from feasibility study to IQ, OQ and plant installation)
- Business Development (no lead generation necessary, but willing to regularly check in and follow up with prospective customers)
- Revenue Responsibility for segments Food, Feed and Beverages-Holding webinars and/or exhibiting at trade shows and similar events (during normal times)
- Traveling time currently 0, might go up to 20-30% towards end of the year 2021
- Territory: North America with a focus on USA and Canada.
All candidates must be able to work in the U.S without a sponsor.