Our client is a fast-growing dairy and beverage manufacturer in the Northeast. They are on a high trajectory of growth, looking to grow nationally. They seek a scientist with an entrepreneurial spirit, who loves hands-on work developing new dairy products as well as improving current products.
The Scientist role in R&D is responsible for the design and delivery of new ice cream and beverage products and flavors to market as well as optimizing existing products as a member of the Research & Development group. This technical expert will focus on translating consumer and market insights rapidly into technical product solutions that delight the target consumers and meet the business needs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide technical leadership in the design and execution of products for ice cream and beverages business.
- Work with cross functional teams to identify, scope and develop new product and continuous improvement opportunities, and support and facilitate teams through technical projects to meet business objectives.
- Provide subject matter expertise and clearly communicate level of risk during project gate review process.
- Move projects through the development steps with rigor, efficiency, and accountability.
- Coordinate trial runs of new products and support product commercialization working closely with cross-functional team members to ensure successful technology transfer and start up in the plant.
- Complete all necessary work to establish new vendors, create new ingredients, and ensure all new and reformulated product ingredient statements, nutritional statements, new and updated product specifications and packaging changeovers are completed accurately.
- Manage multiple assignments/research projects concurrently and possess the ability to call out priority conflicts between a variety of business initiatives.
- Translate research findings into meaningful business opportunities and communicate to cross-functional teams.
- Perform all duties within established Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) regulations, laboratory/plant safety, and food safety and quality guidelines and principals.
- Perform all other tasks as assigned by their supervisor.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- S. or M.S. in Food, Dairy, or related science field with a minimum 5 years within a R&D function in a consumer product goods (CPG) company and ideally within the food and/or beverage category (may include graduate and/or internship experience)
- Strong understanding of food chemistry, analytical testing, formulations, and processing, ideally those used in food manufacturing (and preferred specific to Dairy and Beverages).
- Proven track record of executing work plans and driving results that build businesses.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Ability to independently design & execute tests, analyze data, draw conclusions, document & communicate results.
- Must have a strong technical background and ability to apply prior learning and scientific principles to new situations and problems to create innovation solutions.
- Integrates knowledge and thinks strategically, analyzes information, uses judgment, solves problems and makes timely decisions.
- Ability and willingness to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse, cross-functional team environment with limited supervision.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills to execute tasks within tight timeframes and deadlines.
- Open to change and willing to initiate when needed. Agility to shift and adapt to changing priorities, proactively anticipating obstacles and flexibility to seek alternative solutions in order to keep projects on track.
- Demonstrates the willingness/ability to learn new product categories, technologies and processes and quickly build awareness and understanding across all touch points (trends, competitive, technology, consumer, marketing)
- Holds self-accountable for the success in area of responsibility, even when not everything is in direct control.
- Excellent written or oral communication, influencing, project management and problem-solving skills.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
For more information about this position, contact Elizabeth Pereira at (954)428-3888 or at firstname.lastname@example.org