Our client develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages. They are nationally and internationally recognized as a leader in their field. They seek a leader to manage clinical research and innovation on their pediatric products.
Senior Research Scientist Pediatrics Nutrition Science R&D, Scientific and Medical Affairs
In Research & Development (R&D) our client’s ambition is providing innovative high-quality products, creating sustainable value, delivering superior user experience and enhancing health outcomes at all stages of life.
Day to day activities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Function as a Subject Matter Expert (SME): Nutrition and clinical science expertise to translate complex science and research into compelling product claims and scientific messaging; communicate the science and product benefits to both internal and external audiences of varying knowledge levels; remain current in standards of nutrition care and scientific literature; represent Nutrition Science in cross-functional initiatives and programs
- Design and Serve as Scientific Leader: Conduct clinical research according to Good Clinical Practice (GCP), International Conference of Harmonization (ICH), and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requirements. Provide supervision and guidance for clinical research activities (e.g., protocol development, study implementation, outcomes evaluation, research publications and presentation development) by collaborating with various internal and external groups (Regulatory, Statistics and Principal Investigators).
- Innovation: Actively engage in product ideation and innovation to build product pipeline; assess new ingredients and technologies; develop clinical research strategy that generates new evidence for new claims, messaging, and publications; engage in clinical research and secondary data analytics.
- Establish and Maintain Relationships: With internal stakeholders (e.g., discovery scientists, product development, commercial (marketing and sales, sales training), public affairs, regulatory) and external stakeholders (e.g., key opinion leaders, customers and consumers).
- Talent Management: May be required to manage a small team of SMEs, contribute to team performance and growth and development of Nutrition Science team members. Will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a positive collaborative
- Administration: Work with senior management to deliver on organization goals, establish organizational business strategy. Maintain strong alignment of science, innovation, and education activities across Pediatrics
- Management and Leadership Experience: Some leadership experience is desirable, at project management level, experience with strategic initiatives, leadership skills in cross-functional teams desirable. Ability to lead and contribute to global business innovation
- Communication skills (oral and written): Prepare and deliver nutrition science-based content and presentations to internal and external audiences. Develop and review product and science educational materials (e.g., product monographs, training materials, medical justifications, FAQ documents, white papers, scientific backgrounders, as well as manuscripts for peer-reviewed
- Cross-functional Partnership: Serve as SME and nutrition science lead on cross-functional teams, including new product development teams, process improvement, external programs and collaborations. Work with senior leaders to provide technical input and establish priorities to drive the business
- Competitive Surveillance: Maintain up-to-date knowledge of competitors’ products, ingredients, features, and benefits; claims; educational
- Represent Client: At key conferences or meetings giving scientific presentations, engaging KOLs and actively participating in company-sponsored events and
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE,
- PHD, RDN required with minimum 5-10 years of relevant experience; experience working in a clinical setting highly desired. Experience in infant nutrition, pediatric allergy and gastrointestinal disorders desired.
- Training in Human Nutrition, Biological Science, Life Sciences or Physiology
- Strong leadership, collaborative, research, publication/scientific writing skills, excellent oral and written skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with business partners, self-starter, collaborator with global teams and
- Ability to work constructively, decisively and collegially with external and internal stakeholders, customers, consumers and key opinion
- Minimum of 5-10 years clinical, industry, and/or academic experience that blends science and business preferred.
All candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For more information, please contact Moira McGrath at (954) 428-3888 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org