Our client is dedicated to making products that taste delicious and promote healthy lifestyles to reduce obesity, diabetes, and heart disease. They keep their customers first in their minds, and ensure that they receive only the highest quality, responsibly sourced ingredients at the best available price through their deeply rooted connections in the industry. Their proprietary technology has revolutionized the way the market utilizes tree-nut butters. They seek a Quality Assurance Manager in their 25 person plant in the Simi Valley area.
- Maintain the client’s Food Safety Program up to date with current GFSI (BRC) standard requirements, FDA and USDA regulations.
- Study the recent developments in the nut industry and make improvements as needed.
- Maintain, improve and implement the fundamental standard operating procedures such as GMPs, HACCP program, employee training, allergen control and food security.
- Maintain, review and verify records; update forms and charts; generate and review trend reports.
- Conduct monthly, quarterly and annual Food Safety and Management Review meetings (FSMR).
- Oversee Pest Control Program and verify the work of the Pest Control Company.
- Organize and conduct employee trainings (HACCP, GMP’s, Food Safety and Security, etc.) and maintain records.
- Review and sign certificate of analysis-approve product release.
- Conduct second party audits on behalf of our client ., write audit reports and verify corrective actions.
- Make sure that all retains, microbiological and analytical test samples are collected and tested for each lot.
- Order Items for Production Upkeep, ATP Swabs, Microbiological Swabs, Bottles, and Chemicals.
- Oversee vendor approval program, train vendor analyst and solve vendor approval related problems.
- Maintain current certifications and meet requirements for the Non-GMO verified project and CCOF-Organic certification.
- Oversee, review and verify the day-to-day duties of the QA/QC personnel. .
- Conduct lab scale experiments to formulate new recipes and improve the existing ones.
- Work with other departments and provide input on any issues that might concern food safety and quality.
BS Food Science or similar science degree with 5 plus years of experience in quality management at a BRC certified food plant.
Must be a resident of the US. No relocation offered, prefer local candidate.