Our client is a home-delivered meal service providing full prepared, refrigerated meal solutions direct to homes nationwide and have been in business for over 18 years. They provide seniors, patients recovering post-discharge and those managing a chronic condition with tailored nutrition solutions to manage their specific needs. If you are passionate about the well-being of others and have a strong sense of community, this is the place for you! Our client is looking for fun, compassionate, and friendly people who want to make a difference in the lives of others.
The Overnight Sanitation Supervisor trains and supervises 2nd shift CCRTE and 3rd shift sanitation and dishroom crews to ensure work is performed efficiently and according to the company’s food safety Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP) and other regulations in compliance with FDA and USDA standards. Sanitation tasks focus on deep cleaning of the machinery but also include all general site cleaning/sanitation actitivities. Sanitation programs are key to preventing bacterial problems that can occur in a food manufacturing environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following duties. Other duties may be assigned as needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
• With Manager, lead 3rd shift sanitation/cleaning crew, ensuring facility is cleaned to meet FDA and USDA standards of operation.
• Train, monitor, coach, and assist in evaluating employee performance and resolve issues.
• Perform daily pre/post-operation inspections and initiates plant startup/shut-down procedures.
• Maintain SSOP daily records and reviews previous day’s records.
• Maintain Master Sanitation Schedule and all associated records.
• Monitor sanitation procedure compliance by all employees.
• Use all required safety equipment and consistently follows all food-related sanitation and operating safety guidelines.
• Take initiative to assign general cleaning tasks in the work areas.
• Assist with daily USDA/FSIS pre-operational inspections of the facility and processing/packaging equipment.
• Makes sure daily schedule is completed and related HACCP or other paperwork reviewed/maintained.
• Help train and monitor employee compliance with GMPs and SSOPs.
• Uses required safety equipment and consistently follows all food-related sanitation and operating guidelines.
• Ensure appropriate cleaning and sanitizing chemicals are properly utilized.
• May assist with conducting daily USDA/FSIS pre-operational inspection of the facility and processing/packaging equipment.
• Coordinates as needed with 3rd shift Blast Chill and Maintenance personnel.
• Other projects or duties as assigned.
Education/Certification: College degree preferred. High school diploma or equivalent required. HACCP certification or ability to be certified upon hire. ServSafe Certification a real plus.
Experience/Training: 1-5 years previous work-related experience in a USDA/FSIS inspected food manufacturing environment preferred.
Job Skills & Behaviors:
• Supervisory/coaching skills.
• Good communication skills in English, verbally or in writing.
• Organized and detail oriented with problem-solving skills.
• Able to multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines.
• Able to obtain all required certifications and renew as necessary.
• Computer skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
• Math and measurement conversion skills.
• Able to learn/adapt to changing requirements/situations.
• Able to work overtime and weekends if needed.
• Demonstrated commitment to following Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and other food safety rules. Able to effectively communicate and enforce GMP’s with staff.
• Demonstrated behaviors consistent with our Core Values: Teamwork, Relentlessly Dependable, Appreciation & Respect, Innovation & Constant Improvement, and Nourishing Our Customers.
Physical/Mental Requirements & Demands:
• Good visual perception, not colorblind.
• Able to walk/stand continuously on concrete floors for 8-10 hours but will also sit for periods of time doing 3rd shift paperwork (e.g. emails, reports, SOP’s, etc.)
• Must use stairs to reach office.
• Able to work in variety of temperatures including a cold environment (35 degrees)
• Able to lift/carry 25-40 lbs.
• Able to push/pull over 100 lbs
• Able to move equipment around in small spaces.
• Occasional reaching, grasping, bending, twisting, kneeling when cleaning.
• Occasional use of ladders or scissors lifts.
Safety Equipment Required:
• Safety glasses
• Non-slip shoes
• PPE when using chemicals
For more information, please contact Liz at email@example.com or call (954) 428-3888