Quality Assurance Manager / SQF Practitioner
Our client is a home-delivered meal service providing fully prepared, refrigerated meal solutions direct to homes nationwide for over 18 years. They provide seniors, patients recovering post-discharge and those managing a chronic condition with tailored nutrition solutions to manage their specific needs. If you are passionate about the well-being of others and have a strong sense of community, our client could be the place for you! We are a family operated business looking for fun, compassionate, and friendly people who want to make a difference in the lives of others.
The QA Manager is responsible for quality assurance and food safety initiatives throughout the fulfillment center with a focus on implementation and maintenance of the SQF System. The QA Manager provides servant leadership to the OH Fulfillment Center. This position reports directly to the Corp. QA/FS Systems Manager.
• Provides system guidance for SQF systems, food safety plans, quality programs, including implementation, staff training and documentation
• Provide facility food safety and quality leadership
• Provide communication between food safety and operations which includes sanitation and working on special projects.
• Update SQF systems and food safety plans as requirements/rules and product lines and ingredient changes occur.
• Assist with annual SQF system and food safety plan reassessment.
• Assure programs, policies and procedures are compliant and kept current.
• Liaison to regulatory, customer, internal and 3rd party audits.
• Perform internal audits (Glass & Brittle Plastic, GMPs, Pest Control, Food Defense, Allergen Control, Label Verification, Receiving, etc.)
• Maintain current library for all GMPs, SOPs, and SSOPs; manage GMP training and refresher training.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Tech Services Team.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience in a management role in a food manufacturing and/or food distribution facility required
• Excellent knowledge of HACCP & HARPC and experience in implementation of Food Safety Management Plans
• Certification by recognized HACCP training provider required. (Meat, Poultry)
• Working knowledge of regulations and guidelines imposed upon meat & poultry operations by federal and state agencies and authorities required
• Undergraduate in Food Science, Microbiology, or Meat Science or similar required
• PCQI certification is required
• GFSI schema training desired (SQF, BRC, etc.)
JOB SKILLS / BEHAVIOR
• Must be able to work independently
• Must be able to communicate persuasively and passionately about the need for food safety & quality
• Must be able to use Microsoft Office programs
• Must have the ability to communicate in English orally and in writing with coworkers, regulatory officials, and plant management; Fluency in verbal and written Spanish desirable
• Must have the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Shows initiative and able to work as part of a team; communicates effectively
• Excellent organization and decision-making skills
LEADERSHIP GUIDANCE RESPONSIBILITY
Position is responsible for leadership covering a three shift operation
* Corporate Technical Services Management Team
* Plant Managers and Corporate Leadership
Type of Work: Moderately Active: Work will involve sitting at a desk for periods of time writing and reviewing procedures, reviewing records and maintaining reports. Work will involve being in hot or cold environments for extended periods of time. Person will need to be able to stand for long periods of time and actively move around equipment and relatively small spaces. Good eyesight with no color blindness
Physical Work: Periodically be able to move large totes or carts of food and supplies. Climb ladders and observe overhead pipelines from heights
Extreme Conditions: Extended work at temperatures below 40°F and potentially down to 0°F. Work at temperatures above 80°F for periods of time