Quality Assurance & Food Safety Specialist/ SQF Practitioner
Our client, is a home-delivered meal service providing fully prepared, refrigerated meal solutions direct to homes nationwide for over 18 years. They provide seniors, patients recovering post-discharge and those managing a chronic condition with tailored nutrition solutions to manage their specific needs. If you are passionate about the well-being of others and have a strong sense of community, Our client could be the place for you! They are a family operated business looking for fun, compassionate, and friendly people who want to make a difference in the lives of others.
The SQF Practitioner is responsible for implementation and maintenance of the SQF System and maintenance of quality assurance and food safety initiatives. The SQF Practitioner provides servant leadership to the Fulfillment Center. This position reports directly to the Corp. QA/FS Systems Manager.
· Provides system guidance for SQF systems, food safety plans, quality programs, including implementation, staff training and documentation
· Provide facility food safety and quality leadership
· Provide communication between food safety and operations which includes sanitation and working on special projects.
· Update SQF systems and food safety plans as requirements/rules and product lines and ingredient changes occur.
· Assist with annual SQF system and food safety plan reassessment.
· Assure programs, policies and procedures are compliant and kept current.
· Liaison to regulatory, customer, internal and 3rd party audits.
· Perform internal audits (GMPs, Glass & Brittle Plastic, Pest Control, Food Defense, Allergen Control, Label Verification, Receiving, etc.)
· Maintain current library for all GMPs, SOPs, and SSOPs; manage GMP training and refresher training.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Tech Services Team
· Work in conjunction with the facility manager.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
· Experience in a leadership role in a food manufacturing facility required
· Excellent knowledge of HACCP & HARPC and experience in implementation of Food Safety Management Plans
· Certification by recognized HACCP training provider required. (Meat, Poultry)
· Working knowledge of regulations and guidelines imposed upon meat & poultry operations by federal and state agencies and authorities required
· Working knowledge of FDA regulations and guidelines required
· BS in Food Science, Microbiology, or Meat Science or similar required
· PCQI certification is required
· GFSI training required (SQF, BRC, FSSC 22000, etc.)
· Experience in internal auditing required (GMPs)
JOB SKILLS / BEHAVIOR
· Comfortable working independently
· Effective communication skills and able to persuasively and passionately communicate needs for continuous improvement in food safety & quality
· Skills/knowledge of Microsoft Office and other computer programs
· Ability to communicate in English orally and in writing with coworkers, regulatory officials, and plant management
· Ability and desire to lead multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
· Initiative and ability to work as part of a team
· Excellent organization and decision-making skills
LEADERSHIP GUIDANCE RESPONSIBILITY
· Ability to lead a team of direct reports covering a multi-shift environment
· Corporate Technical Services Management Team
· Plant Managers and Corporate Leadership
· Type of Work: Moderately Active: Work will involve being in hot or cold environments for extended periods of time. Person will need to be able to stand for long periods of time and actively move around equipment and relatively small spaces. Good eyesight and must be able to recognize slight differences in colors when performing chemical titrations.
· Physical Work: Periodically be able to move large totes or carts of food and supplies. Climb ladders and observe overhead pipelines from heights
· Extreme Conditions: Extended work at temperatures below 40°F and potentially down to 0°F. Work at temperatures above 80°