Our client, is a home-delivered meal service providing fully prepared, refrigerated meal solutions direct to homes nationwide for over 18 years. We provide seniors, patients recovering post-discharge and those managing a chronic condition with tailored nutrition solutions to manage their specific needs. If you are passionate about the well-being of others and have a strong sense of community, Our client could be the place for you! We are a family operated business looking for fun, compassionate, and friendly people who want to make a difference in the lives of others.
The Supplier Auditor applies knowledge, technical skills, and expertise to effectively conduct vendor food safety audits to ensure the quality and food safety of meals provided. This position is responsible for managing the audit program which includes performance of onsite vendor assessments, identification of risks, and timely closure to documented findings. This position works closely with Purchasing personnel to manage vendors within the supply chain. This position reports directly to the Director of Food Safety and Quality.
• Schedules and conducts onsite vendor food safety and quality assessments through collaboration with Internal Stakeholders for new potential vendors.
• Maintains current supplier approval schedule and conducts re-evaluation audits per the defined frequency.
• Ability to thoroughly assess vendor risks as it relates to various product types (i.e. Meat, poultry, egg, dairy, baked goods, fruit/vegetables, food additives/ingredients, etc.) and applicable regulations (i.e. USDA and FDA) and Quality Standards (i.e. SQF, BRC, etc.)
• Writes reports and communicates findings in a timely manner to execute prompt closure to identified nonconformances.
• Follows up with suppliers on corrective action plans as needed to ensure the appropriate level of action is taken to eliminate nonconformance.
• Work with suppliers to improve their overall service level, including compliance to specifications and COA requirements.
• Identifies, measures, implements and reports on continuous improvement initiatives within the supply chain program (i.e. Supplier Performance metrics, etc.).
• Further develop and evolve food safety and quality risk assessment criteria and supplier qualification programs, assist with HACCP and Food Safety Plans as needed.
• Assist in analyzing complaint data as it relates to raw materials to identify trends and opportunities with vendors to drive continuous improvement.
• Assure programs, policies and procedures are compliant and kept current.
• Inputs supplier data within the computerized quality management system to ensure current information is maintained.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Food Safety Management Team
• Strong technical expertise in auditing skills required.
• Previous experience auditing food companies required.
• Knowledge of food safety mitigation processing techniques to reduce microbial, chemical, and foreign material hazards.
• Familiarity with various industries such as Dairy, Meat and Poultry, Egg, Seafood, Food Additives.
• Excellent knowledge of HACCP & HARPC and experience in implementation of Food Safety Management Plans.
• Prior work experience as an auditor within FSSC 22000, SQF or BRC audit schemes or experience working in a certified facility, highly desired.
• Certification by a recognized HACCP training provider required. (Meat, Poultry)
• Previous experience as a lead auditor or ASQ Certified Auditor, highly desired.
• Working knowledge of regulations and guidelines such as FDA and USDA titles 21 and 9 for GMPs and quality programs
• Undergraduate in Food Science, Microbiology, Meat Science or similar science degree required.
• At least 5 years’ experience in a quality assurance role in a food manufacturing facility required.
JOB SKILLS / BEHAVIOR
• Ability to work autonomously to conduct audits as needed.
• Must be able to communicate persuasively and passionately about the need for food safety & quality
• Must be able to use Microsoft Office programs
• Must have the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Shows initiative and able to work as part of a team; communicates effectively
• Excellent organization and decision-making skills
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Ability to travel up to 75% of the time.
• Corporate Technical Services Management Team
• External Vendors
• Must be able to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, and to read, hear and process detailed information. Must have good visual perception to read computer screens and differentiate between multiple product items. Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Must be able to climb stairs.