LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY!
The Sales Assistant (SM) position is responsible for all operational support of a designated group of the Company’s sales agents/brokers and their respective customer bases.Specifically, the position’s primary responsibilities mirror the Company’s core logistical business components (One Source Solution and Just-in-Time Delivery) and include, but are not limited to:
- Developing sales relationships with the Company’s sales agents/brokers.The primary focus is on customer retention and business development.Interaction at the customer level occurs on a case-by-case basis, and increases in frequency with an associate’s tenure.
- Executing sales and purchase orders (both distribution and brokerage). The SM is responsible for all logistical efforts in meeting rigid customer production deadlines, and the necessary monitoring of inventory stocking levels to meet customer service levels.
- Third party vendor interaction.The SM will work closely with the product refiners / manufacturers, company distribution centers, and carrier network in order to meet customer requirements.SM must be able to professionally and effectively interact with each.
- Building product knowledge.In order to interact with experienced brokers and purchasing agents, SM’s must familiarize themselves with our products, which total more than 300 SKU’s across 13 distinct item groups.
- Support food safety commitment.Position will play a vital role in filling the Company’s commitment to its BRC certification and standards.Individual will be trained on necessary SQF procedures such as:lot control, complaint procedures, new product procurement, quality holds, supplier approvals, stock rotations, recalls, and traceability efforts.
Any exposure to SAP or SAP Business One, the transportation industry or the food and beverage industry, is a plus.Skills that are necessary, at a minimum, are: Microsoft Windows and Office proficiency, a proven ability to multi-task and experience in an internship or academic setting where increasing levels of responsibility were both sought after, and achieved.Typing speeds of greater than 50 words per minute recommended.
The Position will report to the Senior Partner Manager and will work closely with the Vice President of Operations to ensure service levels are maintained and the candidate is contributing to the operational efficiency targets of the company. Benefits include, and are not limited to, annual salary and performance bonus, health insurance, dental insurance, 401k plan eligibility (with discretionary company matching equal to 10% of annual associate deferral), casual dress in the workplace, and Paid Time Off (PTO) of 160 hours in first year.