Our client is a leader in the plant based dipping arena. They offer comprehensive benefits, a great company culture, and a tremendous opportunity to use your innovations skills. They are looking for the perfect candidate to fill the role of Director of Packaging and Project Management.
In this role you will:
- Manage a group of 5 – 8 packaging engineers and project managers developing them into a high performing team.
- Develop short and long-term strategies to optimize and transform packaging for improved consumer and customer experiences, elevated brand distinction on shelf, enhanced ease of use, improved freshness, and improved sustainability. In addition, work cooperatively with internal and external design experts to create new packaging formats.
- Ensure that packaging projects in the U.S. are delivered on time and within budget. Direct reports will execute most projects; however, this person may be personally responsible for one or two large and complex packaging projects.
- Maintain expertise in new developments in packaging technology and apply those technologies to consumer and customer needs.
- Create and maintain a wide network of external packaging vendors that can be utilized for packaging innovation and productivity.
- Develop the global packaging network across the company.
- Champion the internal innovation stage gate process for the company and refines the process as needed to ensure that best practices are utilized globally.
Recipe for Success:
To be successful, the candidate should exhibit:
- Technical depth and working knowledge of packaging science with breadth of knowledge in different packaging materials. Preference for candidates with working knowledge of plastics and other rigid packaging materials.
- Strong project management skills. Preference for startup experience or experience with test markets.
- Track record of innovative thinking and ability to pull inspiration from different disciplines.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- Candidate must display strong leadership skills including above average ability to:
- Influence others
- Work in cross functional teams
- Communicate clearly – written and verbal
- Drive for alignment and decisions
- Provide courageous leadership
- Boldness in decision making
- Build a high-performance team
This position requires 8 – 10 years of experience in the commercialization of products in a consumer facing environment, and a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in packaging, chemical engineering or other related field. Up to 30% travel may be required.
All candidates must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.