Would you like to contribute to the healthy lifestyle of millions of people? Are you a creative culinary person with unending curiosity? If so, our client is looking for a research chef to spread the word of their products across the United States. As part of the R&D team, the ideal person will have a contagious passion for all things culinary. You are creative, yet organized, focused, a good communicator and have a broad knowledge of cuisines and culinary techniques. This is a highly cross functional and impactful position working with R&D, sales and marketing teams. You will report to the Executive Chef.
Our client offers comprehensive benefits, a great company culture, and a diverse group of people who take ownership to create something awesome. We are committed to individuals ‘being at their best’ by bringing fresh ideas to the table and turning their passion for food into results that matter.
Dip into This Role
- Create and accurately document recipes for different user groups (i.e. at home consumers, restaurants, large scale caterers for events etc…)
- Develop gold standard recipes or formulas that are commercially feasible.
- Contribute culinary perspective to new product innovation with Product Development and Consumer insight teams.
- Design and implement culinary sales presentations targeted to specific customers.
- Support Culinary presentations at the COE Kitchen.
- Organize and manage the Kitchen.
Recipe for Success
- Minimum 1-2 years of product development experience
- 3-4 years restaurant experience
- BA or BS from accredited university
- Culinary certification from accredited institution
- Must be hands on with a can-do attitude and able to work in a fast paced and fluid environment
- Able to travel up to 30%
- Creative, self-motivated, inquisitive with a strong work ethic and a sense of personal responsibility.
- Excellent time management skills
- Understanding of GMPs, HAACP and sanitation standards.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to collaborate and contribute in a team environment.
We celebrate an inclusive environment and provide equal opportunity for development and advancement. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran or uniform service member, or any other protected characteristic under applicable federal, state and/or local law.
All applicants must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship.