Our client is a leading manufacturer of refrigerated dips and spreads. They have a new opportunity for a Project Manager, at their location in the mid-Atlantic states. This position will lead, manage, and execute large and complex engineering projects in a fast-paced food processing environment.
This role will manage a variety of projects including innovation, renovation, COGS improvement and productivity projects. The project portfolio will be 8 – 15 projects small to medium in size (<10 MM in NSV, < 1 MM in cost savings). This position will primarily support the core portfolio work with some larger breakthrough or platform projects as needed. The incumbent will:
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop timelines, key milestones, and a detailed plan for project execution and monitor and track progress during the project execution.
- Coordinate and manage cross functional team meetings and ensure that action registers are maintained and communication of next steps is clear to the cross functional team
- Ensure adherence to the internal stage gate process for smooth execution of projects and internal alignment
- Develop with key stakeholders, report outs of progress or escalation of key risks to management as needed
- Proven working experience in project management
- Strong interpersonal skills including influencing and creating alignment
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification preferred
- 1 – 3 years experience in a related field that included project management
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience. Engineering, food science, or other science based degrees are preferred.
Project manager top skills & proficiencies:
- Managing projects – timeline and resource management
- Organizing and prioritizing resources
- Developing and tracking budgets, key milestones, and other metrics
- Utilizing problem solving techniques and steering teams to appropriate resolution for issues
- Communicating information in a clear and concise fashion across all levels – written and verbal
- Intellectual curiosity
- Business acumen including ability to understand financial metrics associated with innovation, renovation, COGS, and productivity projects
- Candidate must display strong leadership skills including above average ability to:
- Influence others
- Drive for alignment and decisions
- Provide courageous leadership
- Boldness in decision making
Staff and Budget
- This position will have not direct reports but will be influencing across all levels of the organization from cross functional teams to ELT
- No operating budget will be managed by this person
Some travel approximately 20% may be required with this job.
All applicants must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship.