Our client imports a wide-range of products from all over the world and distributes them to supermarkets, convenience stores, and other outlets. They currently have a new opportunity for a Quality Assurance Specialist at their location in South Florida.
The Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for all Food quality assurance activities. In addition to complying with FDA standards, they test all their products to assure consistency and strict compliance of quality standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the food products quality assurance activities
- Provides risk assessment for potential regulatory issues, along with options regarding corrective and preventative activities.
- Creates Food Specification Sheets (FSS) for all active products and ensures all information is complete.
- Maintains records of the FSS in the public server, under the QA folder.
- Responsible for reviewing new and existing labels for FDA compliance (Code of Federal Regulations).
- Supports the Sourcing and Product Development Director in reporting to management all quality issues via the QA ISSUE REPORT.
- Reports any quality issues with the product (i.e. quality, packaging, label, shipping, etc.) to vendor and follows up to ensure all issues are resolved.
- Assists the Global Sourcing team in all product development and product testing.
- Responsible for obtaining any lab tests needed in a timely manner.
- Reviews the Item Description Form.
- Maintains records of all vendors’ certifications (i.e. BRC, IFS, HACCP, Kosher, etc).
- Other duties that might be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science
Minimum of 1-3 years in Food industry.
HACCP experience required.
Bi-lingual (English, Spanish) – Chinese would be a plus.
MS Office Tools.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Elizabeth Pereira, (954) 428-3888 or email@example.com.