Our client has been an anchor of the New England seafood industry for more than 75 years. They are an innovator and leader in the seafood industry. They are committed to providing a diverse selection of seafood that is legitimately and responsibly sourced. The Company is committed to helping employees, customers and vendors succeed and actively supporting the communities in which they live and work. They currently have a new opportunity for a Director of Quality, Regulatory Compliance in the New England area.
The Director of Quality, Regulatory Compliance is responsible for defining and upholding standards of quality and regulatory compliance for all items at the Company and to communicate collaboratively across the Company. They are committed to the growth of their business through supplier development and oversight, effective strategies for incoming and final inspection and creative solutions to food safety and product assessment. The Director of Quality maintains the consistency and timeliness of product specifications for all items. He/she provides oversight to ensure that the Company’s specifications are adhered to. This role is the driver for programs like BRC that enable the Company to be successful partners with their vendors and customers. In addition, this individual is responsible for building a collaborative working relationship with other departments to ensure that quality is recognized as a team effort in an environment that is focused on growth and change. This person will report to the CEO, and have a staff of individuals in QA and in receiving.
- Maintain quality and food safety standards for all product components and finished products.
- Responsible for directing and training the key staff to ensure that BRC programs and procedures are followed.
- Will work with the new product development team to ensure that all regulatory requirements are met.
- Be an active member of both the BRC and the HACCP teams.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in all phases of food safety and quality.
- Responsible for maintaining a database of permits and ensuring that each permit is applied for in a timely manner.
- Supervise the recall program and all audits; answer all non-compliances and generate appeals; responsible for the proper chain of command notification in the appeal process.
- Responsible for the proofing process of all labels printed from outside suppliers and in-house labeling; format all labels and create/validate the nutritional information panel.
- Primary point of contact for the following vendors:
Chemical Purchasing, Pest Control, Laundry, Packaging, Vendors and outside supplier of ingredient labels.
- BRC Practitioner: As a BRC practitioner this employee will hold a position of responsibility in relation to the management of the BRC system, will have completed HACCP training, be competent to implement and maintain HACCP-based safety plans and have an understanding of the BRC code and the requirements for implementing and maintaining a BRC system relevant to the supplier scope of certification.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Risk Analysis, Root Cause Analysis, and Corrective Action.
- Uphold and adjust the Company’s quality vision and philosophy.
- Stay current with industry and regulatory standards and be an expert resource to the entire Company.
- Be a proactive partner with vendors and suppliers to ensure the quality of the product. Maintain open communication with vendors and suppliers.
- Responsible for the quality and BRC aspect of the vendor approval process.
- Ensure strict adherence to policies in a positive, instructive and balanced way and ensure that procedures are followed.
- Have knowledge and ability to manage Food Quality Assurance programs including: HACCP Systems, BRC Systems and Standards, FDA and Public Health regulations and permitting, standards.
- Plan, manage, and report QA Audits.
- Assess and mitigate product and food safety risks. Have the experience and understanding of the requirements of the Food Safety Modernization Act.
- Provide Food Safety training, direction, and guidance to employees.
- Responsible for adherence and reporting of departmental budget.
- Provide leadership in new product development and assist buyers as Company expands their product lines.
- Plan regular vendor/supplier visits and provide verification and support to vendors.
- Lead the reduction efforts regarding customer complaints and determining assignable cause.
- Develop and maintain procedures and methodology for testing product.
- Be fully knowledgeable of all seafood regulatory issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Required Proficiencies or Abilities:
- Knowledgeable regarding BRC, AIB, Sustainability and related programs.
- Prefer auditor with either internal or external auditing experiences to a food safety standard.
- HACCP Certified.
- BS Degree in Food Science or related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the U.S. now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Moira McGrath, (954) 428-3888 or email@example.com.