Our client is one of the country’s largest and most well-known producers, distributors and marketers of premium quality, branded food, and pet products for the U.S. retail market. The Company also produces and distributes private label food and pet products. They currently have a new opportunity for a Nutritionist ***
This role will initially be located at their Research and Development Center on the West Coast. In mid 2017, the role will relocate to a newly built, state-of-the-art Research and Development Center located at the Corporate Campus in the Midwest. They will offer relocation benefits to support the dual locations of this role.***
PRINCIPAL CONTINUING RESPONSIBILITIES IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE:
– Review Ingredient specifications
– Strong understanding of ingredient nutrient delivery (bioavailability, nutrient-nutrient, ingredient-nutrient and process-nutrient interactions).
– Nutritionist is responsible for verification of ingredient specification as they pertain to ensuring correct nutrient delivery
– Formulate Premixes & Pre-blends
– Strong knowledge of animal micronutrient needs, common forms used in pet foods, and idiosyncrasies of micronutrients and digestion.
– The nutritionist is responsible for formulating vitamin, mineral and micro-nutrient blends to be used in complete feed formulations.
– Assist formulators in producing formulations to product targets
– Maintain nutrient database for formulation
– Strong understanding of windows based application system to maintain ingredient nutrient, cost, and formulation target and constraint data
– Work with cross functional partners to coordinate regular nutrient testing to ensure database accuracy
– Update annual plant overlay databases
– Review formulations
– Ensure databases accurately predict nutrient delivery at formulation and end of shelf-life
– Be aware of new nutrition findings (internal and published nutrition research) and to have the nutrition competency to be able to apply these findings to our products including new nutrition claims where required
– Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
– Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services – Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
– Works independently, with guidance in only complex situations (e.g., when decisions have functional or organizational impact)
– Generally acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may formally manage a small number of individuals in own area of expertise
– Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works generally independently within broad guidelines and processes
– Requires conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
– Partners with team members to develop key tasks and project plans for timely completion of goals
– PhD/MS/BS in Nutrition, Food Science or related field.
– Minimum of 3 years’ industry experience. Pet food experience a plus.
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship. For additional information, please contact Gina Tentzeras, 954-428-3888, or email@example.com.