For more than four generations, our client company has been a family-owned and run company committed to providing the freshest, most wholesome dairy products. Their dedication to pure ingredients with no preservatives makes for great-tasting products and sets them apart from others. They currently have a new opportunity for an Analytical Chemist, Flavors at their new, state-of-the art R&D lab in the Dallas area.
- Develop methods to quantify flavor compounds in cultured dairy products.
- Participate in product formulation.
- Conduct sensory analysis.
- Assist in the design of multi-objective experiments.
- Collect samples, schedule testing, and organize data collection across multiple experiments.
- Apply scientific methods in designing and executing experiments.
- Perform bench-top, pilot plant, and full scale experiments.
- Work with suppliers to customize ingredients for product development.
- Maintain the condition of testing equipment.
- Provide training, guidance, and mentoring for research analysts and technologists.
The Analytical Chemist, Flavors reports to the Manager of Research and Development. Daily interaction with employees in R&D, Technical Services, and Engineering is expected. Occasional travel may be needed.
Typically, work days are 8 hours, Monday through Friday beginning at 7:30 to 8:00 a.m. This schedule may be changed to accommodate project schedules.
Education and Training
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree in dairy or food chemistry (preferred), chemistry, biochemistry or a closely related scientific discipline. Postdoctoral or research experience in an industrial laboratory is preferred.
- Experience with GC-MS, HPLC, IC, Mass Spectrometry, and Spectroscopy is required.
- Knowledge of food/milk chemistry is required.
- Experience with sensory evaluation of dairy or food products is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and professional demeanor are required.
- Knowledge of a statistical software package is preferred.
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the U.S. now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Susan Canarick, (954) 428-3888 (O) or (954) 830-7539 (C) or email@example.com.