Our client is a leading manufacturer of refrigerated dips and spreads. They have a new opportunity for a Packing Equipment Manager at their location in the mid-Atlantic states. The Packing Equipment Engineer will advance the Company’s brand globally and internally, while coaching and developing others. As part of a broader Packing Equipment and Engineering team, the ideal person will be a leader of innovative solutions and new technologies in food packing.
They offer comprehensive benefits, a great Company culture, and a diverse group of people who take ownership to create something awesome. They are committed to individuals ‘being at their best’ by bringing fresh ideas to the table and turning their passion for food into results that matter.
- Lead capital project teams to achieve execution excellence in all projects.
- Analyze, optimize, and troubleshoot equipment as needed (e.g., mechanical equipment assistance, fine tuning, process redesign, new technology development and application) for performance improvement.
- Provide engineering leadership through all phases of projects to deliver initiatives, throughput, and for quality, cost and reliability improvement efforts.
- Create, read, and edit P&IDs, piping and equipment layouts, structural and architectural drawings and process flow diagrams.
- Discover, advance, and evaluate new technologies in food packing.
- Demonstrate technical leadership in scope, design, alternatives analysis, layout, equipment selection, training, procedures, installation, startup, performance acceptance, and successful turnover to plant operations.
- Coach other packing engineers to develop high-level problem solving, innovation, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Manage vendor relationships (e.g., 3rd party engineering, equipment suppliers), and projects valued up to $15M.
Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering
Minimum 5 – 10 years of experience in packing equipment engineering-focused efforts and capital projects.
Experience in CPG, Food, Beverage, or Pharmaceutical industries is preferred.
Technical knowledge of packing equipment, packaging technology, PLC’s and packaging materials.
Experience with GMP and HACCP and all relevant FDA, NSF, and USDA codes is required.
Solid understanding of all relevant OSHA and EPA regulations.
Experience related to packing equipment operation and maintenance. Experience in refrigerated or frozen foods a plus.
Role will require travel of up to 30%. Additional flexibility needed to lead and participate in international conference calls to connect with global regions/time zones.
The Company has an inclusive environment and provides equal opportunity for development and advancement. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran or uniform service member, or any other protected characteristic under applicable federal, state and/or local law.
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the U.S. now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Moira McGrath, (954) 428-3888 or email@example.com.